The Telargo Handset is the Telargo On-Board Unit's
user interface and is used for driver communications with the Telargo Fleet Center
, industry-specific applications (such as logistic or public transport) and vehicle log-in.
The Handset resembles a mobile phone, with voice
communication. Its display allows the driver to track the vehicle’s operation and position and to receive messages. It has a built-in RFID card reader
, enabling driver authorization and easy status reporting. The Telargo Handset features include:
- high-resolution LCD screen
- ergonomic design
- special holder for easy handling
- responsive buttons
- built-in speaker and microphone
- additional earphone
- fixed connection to the Telargo On-Board Unit
- driver registration
- changing statuses (defining driver’s activities)
- communication between driver and Fleet Center
- location data
- navigation (subject to map availability)
- alarm button for manual alarm activation
- industry applications
- public transport
Where applicable, drivers may use industry-specific applications to communicate with enterprise applications, such as choosing a bus route number or reporting trip order activity.
The Telargo Identification card is a passive RFID card that drivers use to log into the Telargo Handset. This card holds credential data as well as identification data (subject to privacy).